What's the [Flawless] Server?
The [Flawless] Server is a Linux Cloud Media Server OS that's sole focus is acquiring and distributing media throughout the home and beyond. It does this by leveraging some very cool automated content acquisition software, then makes it available via two powerful library managers, Plex and Madsonic (a Subsonic mod). Using a Linux Mint base, it is a remix of the popular OS enabling the [Flawless] Server to directly benefit from their solid and stable approach to Linux development.
What is a Cloud Media Server?
- Massive Storage (Local/Cloud) - Tons of storage on a singular volume to hold everything you have (movies, music, tv shows, pictures, files, programs, PC backups, phone backups, etc).
- Automated Acquisition - Easily and automatically grow your media library with movies, music, tv shows, etc, through the use of some awesome programs.
- Agnostic Distribution - Windows, Apple, Linux, Android, iOS, PS3, Set-top, Stream, DLNA, local. It does't matter, access it all on any device, anywhere.
What Is A Linux Mint Remix?
The [Flawless] Server is a remix of the powerful and stable Linux Mint Ubuntu based distro using Customizer. A Linux Remix is a customized version of a LiveCD/Installer that has been remastered for a specific purpose or objective.
- Linux Mint 17 MATE AMD64
- Plex Media Server
- Madsonic (Subsonic Mod)
- LazyLibrarian (new)
- nZEDb (new)
- ownCloud (new)
- CrashPlan - (new)
- Nginx w/PHP-FPM (new)
- MySQL (new)
- Mailutils and Postfix (new)
- Conky Manager
- screen & tmux
- and all dependecies
- Libre Office
- VLC Media Player
- Various other standard
- Intel Core 2 Duo processor 2.4 GHz or better with at least 2GB RAM
- 40GB System HDD
- Your own domain name (check out Namecheap) or a hostname from a service like noip.com
- A Usenet service provider, I recommend UsenetServer
- Free time! There's a lot packed into the [Flawless] Server and it takes some amout of effort to setup.
Install and Config
- For instructions on installing and configuring the [Flawless] Server ISO on your PC, head over to the setup page.
The [Flawless] Server is offered as-is and is not supported. With that said, I will do my best to answer your questions on the forum.
Get your copy now from the download page.